School districts have received funding from two previous federal stimulus funds: Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) and American Rescue Plan (ARP). CVS worked with faculty and staff and reached out to parents and the community with a survey to elicit ideas on how to spend these funds. The administrative team and cabinet then compiled all requests and worked together to develop a plan to spend these funds which end September 30, 2023 and September 30, 2024, respectively.
The CRRSA funds will be used to address learning loss, provide summer enrichment to students, provide mental health services and supports, purchase technology to aid in educational interaction, and to make improvements to enhance health and safety.
- Fund a PK-6 summer program, a grade 7/8 summer program, and a 9-12 summer school (2021-22)
- Replace 35 carpets with tile
- Purchase Interactive whiteboards and document cameras for classrooms
- Improve and update our literacy program through resources and training for teachers
- Hire a school psychologist to assist in mental health support
- Secondary science department will upgrade STEM resources
- Elementary classes will be equipped with a speaker system to enhance specialized hearing that adjusts sound to improve the learning environment.
The ARP funds will be used to address learning loss, summer programming for students and increase student enrichment. The categories are broad so that districts have the flexibility to target areas of need. We will focus on the following areas:
- Continue to fund a PK-6 summer program, a grade 7/8 summer program, and a 9-12 summer school (2022-23, 2023-24)
- Staffing to support Ready to Learn Rooms in both elementary and secondary
- Hire math specialist in the elementary
- Hire social worker to assist in mental health support
- Provide professional development for faculty and staff
- Distance learning room
- Internet/Wifi for areas in district with no service capabilities
- Construct an Outdoor Learning Center
- Replace HS gym curtain with a drop-down divider
- Replenish band instruments
- Student field trips
Information has been shared at the May and June Board meetings. This is our initial plan and we welcome additional feedback. Please email me at [email protected] if you have any suggestions or additional ideas. Included are three documents pertaining to the CRRSA and ARP funds including guidance for how these funds can be expensed